Leaping Lizard Lodge
Hot Tub • Internet Access • Pool Table • Fireplace Pool • Pool Table • Foosball Table • Poker Table • Shuffle Board • Pet Friendly
Rates: $650 per night
June, July, August $700 per night
Selected Holiday weeks, Fall and Spring Breaks $700 per night
(Rates are based on 10 people, please add Twelve Dollars for each additional person per night)
Children 3 & under free. Pets Welcomed $25 per night, per pet.
(Please bring a crate for your pet if left unattended in the cabin)
All weddings/receptions/events must be approved in advance of bookings.
Please review the guidelines on the wedding/event below
PAYMENTS: We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. To secure your reservation, we will need a major credit card to apply the down payment: A $50 down payment is required for each room night reserved. The final payment will be scheduled to post 14 days prior to your arrival and 30 days prior on the luxury 4 bedroom cabins.
CHECK-IN TIME IS ANYTIME AFTER 3:00PM (or later) Cabins are Self-Check-In. A confirmation will be sent to you with driving directions to your cabin from [email protected]. If you do not receive the e-mail, please check your junk/spam folder. Please add us to your address book to receive your reminder e-mail with the key code to your cabin. PLEASE do not arrive early without permission. Extra charges will apply for early arrivals without our knowledge. Starting at $35 per hour.
As you drive up to “The Lizard”, your 1st impression of the owner’s talent is in their welcome sign, which will immediately fills you with excitement. You’ll recover from your amazement while admiring the enormous front deck. Once you step inside you will want to clasp your hands, take a deep breath, and shout out loud, “Leaping Lizards, this is Fabulous!” A Huge, Spacious, Peaceful, Tastefully Decorated Lodge and with a name like Leaping Lizard to make it just perfect.
The 1st floor of Leaping Lizard features 4 Bedrooms, Kitchen-Living area and 2 ½ baths.
The Great Leaping Lizard Living & Kitchen open area is approximately 40’ x 20’ and includes:
- Oversized kitchen (fully equipped) to accommodate many cooks plus an additional island and 2nd bar sin
- Sit down dining table for 10 with additional island seating
- Large & open casual area with Gas Log Fireplace and TV/Blue Ray DVD players
- Every detail was well thought out including an extra touch of cedar wrapped around every window in the Great Leaping Lizard Room.
Every detail was well thought out including an extra touch of cedar wrapped around every window in the Great Leaping Lizard Room.
The Downstairs Leaping Lizard Lodge has so many brilliant features: “The Lizard Cave”, the owner’s humor for the entertainment suite! The 1000 sq. ft. Lizard Cave includes:
- Wet Bar with microwave and full sized refrigerator with ice maker
- Poker table (chips and cards supplied of course)
- Pool Table
- FoosBall Table
- Shuffleboard Table
- 65” Home Theater TV w/Sound system, (Direct TV Satellite) Blue Ray DVD player and a few dozen assorted DVD’s.
- 5 Twin Built in Bunk Beds located under the staircase.
- Full Bathroom
French doors to the Lizard Cave opens to the outdoor fire ring pit area and the Gecko Pavilion with an outdoor fireplace.
Sleeping for 10 upstairs and 5 people downstairs , 11 Bed types, 4 bedrooms on the main floor, 2 ½ Bathrooms upstairs,1 Bathroom downstairs. All TV’s include Blue Ray DVD Players.
- King Master Bedroom Suite
- with French doors that open to the covered “Horny Toad” Hot Tub deck. (TV/DVD) The master bath is “incredible” including a huge antique oak, brass and stained glass swinging doors that came from a San Francisco Hotel.
- King Bedroom (TV/DVD) (shares a full bath with the Queen Bedrm)
- Queen Bedroom (TV/DVD)
- King Bedroom
- Daybed with Trundle (2 Twins) (Located in the Queen Bedroom)
- 5 Twins Bunks in the Lizard Cave (TV/DVD) The bunks are built-in under the staircase – a really crafty idea! (3 of the Twins are Extra –Long) (2 of the Twins are trundle beds) (only 1 Twin requires a ladder to access)(Full bath adjacent & located in the Lizard Cave)
Leaping Lizard Bathrooms: (3 Bathrooms & a ½ Bath)
- 1st Bathroom: King Master Bathroom features a huge tile shower closet with multiple body jets, adjustable shower heads and rain can.
- His and her vanities with custom copper sinks. (embossed lizards of course) And a Large Roman Corner Garden Tub
- 2nd Bathroom: Full Bathroom, copper sinks – located between two bedrooms (Jack and Jill bathroom)
- 3rd Bathroom: Full Bathroom, copper sinks – located downstairs in the Lizard Cave.
- The ½ Bath is located off the Great Room.
Leaping Lizard’s sister cabin is Dancing Rabbit & Tipi (2 bedroom cabin); together these two cabins make a perfect get-a-way for larger groups. (Dancing Rabbit & Tipi, same owner, same great amenities, and same sense of humor throughout the cabins!)
I wanted to tell you Thank you and what an amazing weekend we had at the new Leaping Lizard Cabin. Everyone was amazed at the hard work and dedication put in to this cabin. We are all ready to make two future reservations. One for this fall and one for next summer. You can expect many visits from me and my family and friends. Its a hidden gem and will be back asap. Thank you.
Provance Family, McKinney Texas
2 floors, 3000 Sq. ft. Front and Side Covered Decks with Multiple Seating Areas, great for rainy afternoons outdoors.
Lizard Features Three Awesome Outside Deck Areas:
• The “Iguana” Front Deck is 850 sq. ft, covered & open areas. This is the 1st impression when visitors arrive. You will definitely say, “I-guan-a” be here!
• The “Horny Toad” west Covered Deck is 500 sq. ft, covered. (High vaulted ceiling with ceiling fan) The Iguana Deck and the Horny Toad deck connect on the side of the cabin for an easy passage to the 2 decks from the outside. The Iguana deck can be accessed from inside the cabin through the King Master Suite & the Great Room. Walk down the back stairs and you will enter the Gecko Pavilion Area:
• Gecko Pavilion Area – Adjacent to the back door of the Lizard Cave. The Gecko Pavilion is a large covered area set away from the cabin. A rock wood-burning fireplace accents the Pavilion making it a perfect design for outdoor fun. The Gecko Pavilion area includes picnic tables, casual seating, hammocks, campfire ring area and gas grill.
Gas Burning Fireplace, 42″(season) Cable TV, Full Kitchen includes: Refrigerator, convection-convention oven/sealed surface range, microwave, washer/dryer & dishwasher, coffee maker, coffee grinder and complimentary coffee beans, waffle iron, toaster, blender & slow cooker, Hairdryer.
A versatile assortment of spices, sugar, creamer, honey, tea and sweetener supplied. Owners also include a complimentary goody basket filled with specialty teas, popcorn, water and misc. snacks!Large open yard area features picnic area with propane grill, patio furniture & picnic table plus plenty of room to relax and enjoy a game of horseshoes! Central Heat/Air. (Firewood not included). High Speed Wireless Internet and Satellite TV
All bed linen & bathroom terry are provided. Plus extra blankets & pillows
All cookware, dishes, silverware, glassware provided. Including paper towels, dish towels/rags & BBQ tools.Bring your food and your clothes! We make every effort to stock your cabin with all the little extras.
(Salt, pepper, coffee, filters, paper towels, toilet tissue, bath bar soap, hand soap dish detergent & laundry soap)
All of our Cabins are an easy drive to Broken Bow Lake, Beavers Bend State Park and Mountain Fork River. All of our cabins are in the heart of Shopping, Dining and an abundance of Area Attractions. Pick the cabin that best meets your needs. Location is not an issue….
Location: Click to View Map
Located in Northern Hills.
Beavers Bend Resort Park – 5 miles/north entrance
Broken Bow Lake: 3 miles/Carson Creek area
Cedar Creek Golf Course – 1 miles
Mt. Fork River/Spillway area Trout Fishing – 3 miles
Mt. Fork River/Canoe & Kayak Rentals – 18 miles
Leaping Lizard Lodge is located north of the Lake in an area with other cabins known as Northern Hills (Please click to view map) This cabin is not secluded. There are a lot of trees in this area.
Leaping Lizard has a lot of privacy as the cabins are well spaced to create lots of privacy for each cabin.
Boat and Trailer parking is available and accessible for boats and trailers of all sizesThe road to Leaping Lizard is a dirt/gravel road.Located approximately one mile west off of Hwy 259 – you will not hear highway noise from this cabin.
Congratulations on your big day! We are pleased that you have chosen our cabin for your event.
We love weddings and events but please understand that this is a cabin and not a wedding chapel. We do not have the space to properly host a wedding and know that you will be moving and making a lot of rearrangements in the cabin to accommodate your needs. All in which take time to set up and time to take down. The below guidelines are designed through our past experience with weddings in our cabins.
* All weddings/receptions/events must be approved in advance of bookings.
* A check, cashier check or money order deposit of $500 is required for all weddings/receptions/events. (We cannot accept a credit card for the deposit) If the cabin is found in good condition and the below guidelines are followed, we will refund the deposit within 5 business days after departure. Photo will be taken of any deductions. The deposit is required within 30 days after the initial booking.
* For all events, there is an additional 13% cleaning and stocking fee that will automatically be added to your account. (Nonrefundable, no exceptions)
* No Early Arrivals or Late Departures. You will need extra time to prepare-for and break- down an event. We require a 3 night reservation stay for all events. Check-in time is any time after 3pm and check-out time is 11am. Please plan accordingly.
* During peak of season and holidays the area is too crowded to accommodate events. Weddings only after Labor Day and before Memorial Day.
* Groups of no more than 50 at any time. We cannot accommodate large wedding groups.
* Parking is limited. Maximum parking is 10 vehicles at Leaping Lizard. We suggest you rent other cabins in Northern Hills for additional parking or car-pool from another location. You cannot line cars down the street for additional parking it is a deed restriction violation.
* No bands. Outside music must be kept low to not disturb other cabin guests in the area. This too is a deed restriction violation. If the owner receives a ticket for a deed restriction violation, the cost will be deducted from the deposit.
* The cabin must be completely vacant of all rental equipment by check out time of 11am. A storage fee will apply if we move or store equipment. (Deducted from your deposit)
* Upon departure, the cabin, furniture, patio furniture, grills, firepit, hammocks, etc. are to be put back as you found them. A cleaning fee will apply if the cabin is not in order. (deducted from your deposit)
* Please do not bring lights, etc that require hangers. We do not want our cabin walls damaged with things that need to be screwed into walls, etc. A fee will apply if the cabin walls are damaged or penetrated. (Deducted from your deposit)
We realize our rules are strick and will be difficult for most. If you would like assistance with other wedding/event locations, please refer to our party event list.
Sister Cabins are cabins within easy walking distance to each other.
Great for Family Gatherings. For more information on the locations, please call the office
Northern Hills area, Hochatown (Mid Luxury Cabin) offers 3 bed types, Sleeps 2 to 6 people
Dancing Rabbit & TIPI
Northern Hills Hochatown (High Luxury Cabin) offers 4 bed types, Sleeps 2 to 8 people