LEAPING LIZARD LODGE
Pet Friendly Hot Tub Fireplace Internet Access Pool TablePoker Table
FoosBallTable Outdoor Playground
Leapin Lizard Lodge Photos
As you drive up to “The Lizard”, your 1st impression of the owner’s talent is in their welcome sign, which will immediately fills you with excitement. You'll recover from your amazement while admiring the enormous front deck. Once you step inside you will want to clasp your hands, take a deep breath, and shout out loud, “Leaping Lizards, this is Fabulous!” A Huge, Spacious, Peaceful, Tastefully Decorated Lodge and with a name like Leaping Lizard to make it just perfect.
The 1st floor of Leaping Lizard features 4 Bedrooms, Kitchen-Living area and 2 ½ baths.
The Great Leaping Lizard Living & Kitchen open area is approximately 40’ x 20’ and includes:
- Oversized kitchen (fully equipped) to accommodate many cooks plus an additional island and 2nd bar sin
- Sit down dining table for 10 with additional island seating
- Large & open casual area with Gas Log Fireplace and TV/Blue Ray DVD players
- Every detail was well thought out including an extra touch of cedar wrapped around every window in the Great Leaping Lizard Room.
Every detail was well thought out including an extra touch of cedar wrapped around every window in the Great Leaping Lizard Room.
The Downstairs Leaping Lizard Lodge has so many brilliant features: “The Lizard Cave”, the owner’s humor for the entertainment suite! The 1000 sq. ft. Lizard Cave includes:
- Wet Bar with microwave and full sized refrigerator with icemaker
- Poker table (chips and cards supplied of course)
- Pool Table
- FoosBall Table
- 65” Home Theater TV w/Sound system, (Direct TV Satellite) Blue Ray DVD player and a few dozen assorted DVD’s & a Wii Game System with a few favorite games.
- 5 Twin Built in Bunk Beds located under the staircase.
- Full Bathroom
I wanted to tell you Thank you and what an amazing weekend we had at the new Leaping Lizard Cabin. Everyone was amazed at the hard work and dedication put in to this cabin. We are all ready to make two future reservations. One for this fall and one for next summer. You can expect many visits from me and my family and friends. Its a hidden gem and will be back asap. Thank you
Provance Family, McKinney Texas
French doors to the Lizard Cave opens to the outdoor fire ring pit area and the Gecko Pavilion with an outdoor fireplace.
Sleeping for 10 upstairs and 5 people downstairs , 11 Bed types, 4 bedrooms on the main floor, 2 ½ Bathrooms upstairs,1 Bathroom downstairs. All TV's include Blue Ray DVD Players.
- King Master Bedroom Suite
- with French doors that open to the covered "Horny Toad" Hot Tub deck. (TV/DVD) The master bath is "incredible" including a huge antique oak, brass and stained glass swinging doors that came from a San Francisco Hotel.
- King Bedroom (TV/DVD) (shares a full bath with the Queen Bedrm)
- Queen Bedroom (TV/DVD)
- King Bedroom
- Daybed with Trundle (2 Twins) (Located in the Queen Bedroom)
- 5 Twins Bunks in the Lizard Cave (TV/DVD) The bunks are built-in under the staircase – a really crafty idea! (3 of the Twins are Extra –Long) (2 of the Twins are trundle beds) (only 1 Twin requires a ladder to access)(Full bath adjacent & located in the Lizard Cave)
Lizard Features Three Awesome Outside Deck Areas:
- The “Iguana” Front Deck is 850 sq. ft, covered & open areas. This is the 1st impression when visitors arrive. You will definitely say, “I-guan-a” be here!
- The “Horny Toad” west Covered Deck is 500 sq. ft, covered. (High vaulted ceiling with ceiling fan) The Iguana Deck and the Horny Toad deck connect on the side of the cabin for an easy passage to the 2 decks from the outside. The Iguana deck can be accessed from inside the cabin through the King Master Suite & the Great Room. Walk down the back stairs and you will enter the Gecko Pavilion Area:
- Gecko Pavilion Area – Adjacent to the back door of the Lizard Cave. The Gecko Pavilion is a large covered area set away from the cabin. A rock wood-burning fireplace accents the Pavilion making it a perfect design for outdoor fun. The Gecko Pavilion area includes picnic tables, casual seating, hammocks, campfire ring area and the “Daddy of all Lizard Grills” - - a huge BBQ grill that features gas or charcoal, a smoker and side burners all rolled into one Daddy Grill.
Leaping Lizard Bathrooms: (3 Bathrooms & a ½ Bath)
- 1st Bathroom: King Master Bathroom features a huge tile shower closet with multiple body jets, adjustable showerheads and rain can.
- His and her vanities with custom copper sinks. (embossed lizards of course) And a Large Roman Corner Garden Tub
- 2nd Bathroom: Full Bathroom, copper sinks – located between two bedrooms (jack n’ jill bathroom)
- 3rd Bathroom: Full Bathroom, copper sinks – located downstairs in the Lizard Cave.
- The ½ Bath is located off the Great Room.
Leaping Lizard's sister cabin is Dancing Rabbit & Tipi (2 bedroom cabin); together these two cabins make a perfect get-a-way for larger groups. (Dancing Rabbit & Tipi, same owner, same great amenities, and same sense of humor throughout the cabins!)
|All bed linen & bathroom terry are provided. Plus extra blankets & pillows
2 floors, 3000 Sq. ft. Front and Side Covered Decks with Multiple Seating Areas, great for rainy afternoons outdoors.
$550.00 to $750.00. (Rates vary by season & based on fifteen, includes all children and adults) $12.00 for each additional person per night, plus tax. Maximum Occupancy – 18 people. Bedding available for 15, please bring airbeds, linens for additional guest
You must be 25 to rent The Leaping Lizard: All guests occupying the cabin must be 25 unless occupied by a parent or guardian.
A minimum of 2 nights is required. Some dates require 3-4 nights. Review Policies & Reservations for more details.
Leaping Lizard Lodge is located north of the Lake in an area with other cabins known as Northern Hills. (Please click to view map)
This cabin is not secluded. There are a lot of trees in this area. Leaping Lizard has a lot of privacy as the cabins are well spaced to create lots of privacy for each cabin.
Boat and Trailer parking is available and accessible for boats and trailers of all sizes
The road to Leaping Lizard is a dirt/gravel road.
Located approximatly one mile west off of Hwy 259 - you will not hear highway noise from this cabin.
Gas Burning Fireplace, 42"(season) Cable TV, Full Kitchen includes: Refrigerator, convection-convention oven/sealed surface range, microwave, washer/dryer & dishwasher, coffee maker, coffee grinder and complimentary coffee beans, waffle iron, toaster, blender & slow cooker.
A versatile assortment of spices, sugar, creamer, honey, tea and sweetener supplied. Owners also include a complimentary goody basket filled with specialty teas, popcorn, water and misc. snacks!
Large open yard area features picnic area with propane grill, patio furniture & picnic table plus plenty of room to relax and enjoy a game of horseshoes! Central Heat/Air. (Firewood not included). High Speed Wireless Internet and Satellite TV
|All cookware, dishes, silverware, glassware provided. Including paper towels, dish towels/rags & BBQ tools.
Bring your food and your clothes! We make every effort to stock your cabin with all the little extras. (Salt, pepper, coffee, filters, paper towels, toilet tissue, bath bar soap, hand soap dishwashing soap & laundry soap)
Check-in time is anytime after 3:00pm and Check-out time is 11:00am. A major credit card is required to secure your reservation. A $50 per night, per cabin advance payment is required at the time of your reservation. The balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. When making an on-line reservation, a confirmation of your reservation will be sent within 1 to 12 hours that includes your driving directions to your cabin. When making your reservations by calling us directly, a confirmation will be sent immediately after the completion of the call. If you do not receive your confirmation, please return to the website/contacts and send us a short note as we can not always communicate through some servers. We consistently can not communicate with sbcglobal accounts. If we are not added to your address book, most confirmations fall into your spam/junk mail folder. Cabins are "Self Check-In". Approximately 5-10 days prior to arrival a 2nd confirmation will be sent that includes your combination lock code to enter your cabin. Please print your confirmation as it includes your driving directions to your cabin. At anytime, if you need assistance, please call.
Pets Welcomed $25 per night, per pet. Please do not leave pets unattended – please bring a crate. This is a new cabin and doggie damage will not go unnoticed and you will be charged for repairs
Located in Northern Hills.
Located just minutes from the area attractions:
- Beavers Bend Resort Park - 5 miles/north entrance
- Broken Bow Lake: 3 miles/Carson Creek area
- Cedar Creek Golf Course - 1 miles
- Mt. Fork River/Spillway area Trout Fishing - 3 miles
- Mt. Fork River/Canoe & Kayak Rentals - 18 miles